Quote Today

    If you pretend to be good, the world takes you very seriously. If you pretend to be bad, it doesn't. Such is the astounding stupidity of optimism.
    - Oscar Wilde

    Friday, September 10, 2010

    From Writing to Screenplay - Not What I Want Of You Share

    If you've been following my post from Day One, you'll remember the short story I wrote a while back and posted it on the blog.


    I never had imagined that anyone would read it and appreciate the story in the way some of my readers have. Having it affect the readers, that is enough to tell myself that I've written from the heart.

    Few months back, Farid, a drama & film producer/director and a personal friend, came to me to ask if he and another friend could adapt the story into a screenplay. Imagine my delight - of course I said yes!

    I don't really know the details of the filming, but I do know it'll take place in Sarawak some time in November, if things go as planned. Don't know the details of casting, so we'll just have to wait and see.

    As for credits, I didn't ask for royalties and all that mumbo-jumbo. A mention in the making of would be suffice. Then again, I wouldn't mind a something-something if it comes to. =D

    As with, I would love to write another story, but for a story to be written from the heart, it doesn't come often as much as I would like it to. Should the moment comes, you'll be the first to know.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    home
    Blog Widget by LinkWithin