Quote Today

    If you pretend to be good, the world takes you very seriously. If you pretend to be bad, it doesn't. Such is the astounding stupidity of optimism.
    - Oscar Wilde

    Friday, March 20, 2009

    TICO BERRIES! Share

    Apparently RAMBUTANS are called something else in other parts of the world -

    TICO BERRIES

    When I first heard of it on one of Ugly Betty episodes, I thought that it must be an exotic fruit only found in South America...well, because Ignacio was the one who mentioned it and so I thought it must be the only place where you can find this Tico Berry...

    The juicy, succulent part of the fruit.

    Anyways, so when they used it in one of the photoshoots and Adriana Lima was holding a Tico Berry, my lil' sister and I were like, " Gosh, that looks a lot like rambutan...wait a minute - that is rambutan...CHIEH!!!"

    Oh, by the way, Adriana Lima loves Tico Berry and swears by it - she credits them for her good looks/skin.

    My mother with the rambutan before eating it...=D

    I always thought that there has got to be a more glamorous name for these red, hairy, juicy fruits that we always munch on during fruit season. Now that I know there is, I can finally sleep better...

    TICO BERRIES

    The green variety of rambutan besides the red one

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    home
    Blog Widget by LinkWithin