Quote Today

    If you pretend to be good, the world takes you very seriously. If you pretend to be bad, it doesn't. Such is the astounding stupidity of optimism.
    - Oscar Wilde

    Thursday, September 10, 2009

    Behind These Words....Are More Words Share

    Mankind shouldn't have been given the gift of language. Spoken or written, it was a BAD, BAD idea all the same.

    Especially when words are used by persons who do not understand the full weight of a particular word or phrase or sentence. We would have never looked so ridiculous if someone hadn't string-ed the word "freedom" with a "but" in the same sentence.


    Talk is cheap. That is why anyone can do that. It's easy to say I don't like backstabbers or I am a friendly person. It's not easy to show that in character. Despite these kinds of self-portrayal, we still talk behind people's back or ignore someone we decide not to like.
    This is the danger of using words to portray ourselves - they're not often realized in our own actions.

    Of course, the probable solution to this is that we could always add more words so that it becomes clearer. For example, I don't like backstabbers but I do it, too and I am a friendly person - only to people I like. This way, we'll save a whole load of trouble of having to ask so many questions about you because then we'll know why you're not friendly to us (because you don't like us) or why we shouldn't back-stab you (because you'll back-stab us back).

    I mean, it really makes everything less confusing for post-ape revolutions like us humans.

    And as I sit here in my four-poster bed amongst my velvet plushes, wearing my PJs, my laptop on a pillow in front of me and write away, my words portray me as the person that I am.

    I am a hypocrite - only because I know everyone else is.

    I criticize others a lot - because when I sat on a particular chair in the computer room, others criticized me.

    I can be unfriendly - because I'm upset that you're unfriendly to me.

    I don't forgive often - because when I apologized, you laughed at my face and called me a liar.

    I hold a lot of anger in me - because so many have been angry with me.

    So many negatives, and many acts have proved them. But to me, they are still just words. And surely, these do not define me, but only when according to you.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    home
    Blog Widget by LinkWithin